Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weight loss

None.

I'm taking an Interpersonal Communications class and we have to set some communication goals. So one of my goals is to lose fifteen pounds. What does that have to do with communication? Well, part of my strategy was to track my weight loss publicly. I was going to put it on our "family" blog, but decided against that, as I don't need endless ribbing. Not that I'd get it, but I've seriously been saying I want to lose weight for the past couple years and I've not done it. So, I'm going to get one of those Nike/Ipod things that go in your shoe and then you get to make a little person who looks kind of like a Mii, but that little person will track my runs and I can attach it to this blog. I have to figure out how to do all this, well I guess I could just ask Steve, but I'd rather try it myself first. Well, technically I guess first I have to get a different Ipod as mine isn't a touch so it's not compatible with the nike thing, and then I have to get the nike thing, but not the nike shoes, because I'm so not a fan of their shoes. But I read you can put the little chip on your shoelace, so that's what i'll try.

A few years back, a buddy and I tracked our running mileage versus our weight and it really encouraged me to want to see the mileage rise and weight fall. So I'll also figure out how to attach a chart to this blog.

So, my goal is to lose fifteen pounds. But my real goal is to recognize the power of communication in setting and achieving that goal. So here goes...

1 comment:

Sayre said...

I actually had a separate weight loss blog. Still do, but I write on it so sporadically, I wonder if it's even worth the effort.

Still, when I do post, I get such encouraging feedback that I can't seem to give it up.