Saturday, August 04, 2007

Little Miss Ainsleigh

I am now the proud grandmother of a beautiful little girl. Ainsleigh Noelle was born yesterday at 5:55 pm. (just in time as my sister's 25th anniversary wedding vow renewal was at 7pm and I didn't want to miss it!) Ainsleigh weighs 7 lbs 2oz and is 20 inches long. Yesterday she just looked like a raisin. Today, absolutely beautiful! We went back up to the hospital last night after the anniversary party and again today. I'm already ready to go back again. Tomorrow night we're on big brother duty and maybe Monday night as well.



I'll be back to myself soon I think and there will be TALL tales of death. But perhaps I was more worried about Ainsleigh and about the family we messed up with than I realized. New FD and I talked at length yesterday about that family (they wrote a letter of complaint) with our Boss. I started to cry, how embarrassing. Not because The Boss was upset with us, but because the whole thing just makes me sick for the family. We explained what happened and how we tried to remedy it (taking flowers to them and apologizing before we knew they'd sent a letter) and The Boss actually was mad with them for being whiners. (he's so lame) We were actually defending the family's anger, it was weird. I even confessed that on top of it all, I forgot to turn on the AC in the chapel before the service and once it was full of people it heated up to 76 degrees in there and everyone was fanning themselves. They didn't even complain about that in the letter and actually it does make us chuckle in a sick way. It was the icing on the cake. Steve reminded me, as did Sayre, that we didn't kill anybody, so it could have been worse. I'm trying to let go of how guilty I feel about it all, learn from it and move on. Ainsleigh's birth is helping. The cycle of life is so amazing to me.



She's a beautiful little angel.

4 comments:

Sayre said...

Congratulations, Granny!!! I hope you will take a break when you need to rest your mind, play with the babies, and enjoy your own cycle of life.

Patience said...

Happy Grandma Day!! Of course she's beautiful!!!

Love the name too!

Catch said...

Ahhhh...congratulations Noel!!! new babies have such a way of bringing such joy into our lives! Enjoy every moment with her b/c they grow so fast!!! I love her name!

Looking forward to more tales from you Noel...dont be too hard on yourself Noel...we all make mistakes. We just try to learn from them and go on.

Noelle said...

thanks gals. I appreciate your encouragement! You're each a breath of fresh air...