Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Job Hunt

Today the official job hunt begins. Well, I updated my resume and that's about as far as I've gotten. Does that count? I know which funeral home I want to work in next, I just don't know if they want to hire me! Guess maybe next week I'll have to tell them they do, no huge hurry...

I feel as though I don't have much of a purpose lately except to be a "lady of leisure", whatever the heck that is. Two solid months of traveling with Steve have left me fat and happy, but now I need to do something about the fat part! Maybe it's the turning of the new year and maybe it's the beginning of letting go of Corey but today I am ready to start fresh. Well, again, not in a huge hurry...

This year I'd like to get a new job, begin to run again, learn Italian, well conversationally at least, and remodel my kitchen. The kitchen will probably not get done because of Italy in September and that will probably take the budget, well part of it, enough to slow it down. Right now I better finish with my resume. Well, right after i read some blogs...

2 comments:

Patience said...

You're gonna learn Italian?!? Wow. I've barely managed my native English. I know a handful of Spanish words, just enough that my dear Spanish-speaking friends make fun of me.

Best of luck on the job market!

Catch said...

I hope you get another job at a funeral home....the sooner the better...lol. I, for one miss all of your stories! Hope you had a good time traveling with Hubby, the was good for you...a change of pace. Have a peaceful and happy 2008 Noel! God bless.