Tuesday, April 07, 2009

birds and spring

I need to borrow a bb gun. The crows are making me a little crazy. There are two kinds of birds who I love to hear, they have great songs. But they're usually drowned out by the gang of crows who've claimed my back yard as their turf. I read that I only need to kill one of them and then hang it in a tree. The rest of the crows will get the message and go away. I've not yet succeeded. But then I've only tried throwing pinecones and I think the success rate of killing crows 40 feet up in a tree with a pinecone is fairly low. I also read you should beat an empty cereal box with a wooden spoon. The crows will be so annoyed, they'll fly away. This is so not true! My family and neighbors, however, get pretty dang hostile. Well, i've not actually used a cereal box, but I do keep a pair of flip-flops (thong sandals) by the backdoor. They make an excellent echo and it did work at first, but then I realized Steve gets pretty testy when I'm smacking them together at 6 in the morning. (I want to say, "my husband Steve" because i constantly say to myself, "my wife Kara", but I'll keep from doing it. See http://justhumorme.blogspot.com/ , i don't know how to make cool links...) Anyway, I don't know why I get so mad at those birds, but I sure wish I could kill just one...

3 comments:

Patience said...

You're gonna kill a crow and then hang it's stinky carcass up in the tree to ward off other crows?!?

I'm sure your neighbors will appreciate that! Hyuck!

Noelle said...

well, so for chucking the pinecone hasn't even gotten me close, so I'm not really sure HOW i'll kill one... maybe it's like winning the lottery, i'd actually have to play... but i'd LIKE to kill one.

Anyway, i'm used to the smell of stinky dead stuff! ;)

Mike Todd said...

Wooo hooo! "My wife Kara" got quoted! My self Mike greatly appreciates it. And wishes you good luck with the crows -- it's still too cold here to open the windows, but we'll be having the same problem soon.