Monday, August 21, 2006
attic to hallway, 1.2 seconds
Non-funeral home related. My husband and I gutted our master bathroom a few weeks back, all the way down to 2x4s. Had some re-wiring done and yesterday I started putting insulation in the ceiling. I had some left over and couldn't see the point in taking it downstairs to the garage just to bring it back to the attic at a later date, so I was going to go up and have my daughter (21 with 2 1/2yr old son, just moved back home) hand it up to me. Long story short: She wanted to go up, earn her keep, help me out, yadda ya, "I'm almost to the bathroom, Mom, you can start handing it up", crash boom bang, Danielle is on the floor in the hallway surrounded by sheetrock and blown in insulation. A bone in her foot appeared to be almost through the skin, Logan snored from the bedroom on the other side of the wall. I ran to the neighbor who is a nurse, scared her half to death banging down the door, then ran back. The neighbor took charge, cuz I quickly disintegrated, she checked out Danielle while I called 911. Paramedics arrived within five minutes, ambulance shortly thereafter. Dislocated 1st metatarcal (sp?), in addition to being fractured. Some bone on the top of her right foot. It's the most horrible feeling I've encountered in quite sometime and it didn't even happen to my body. She's getting better on the crutches. But can't keep up with Logan. I don't know how this will play out. We go to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. She's feeling guilty cuz now she really can't work, I'm feeling guilty cuz I let her go up there, Steve's feeling guilty cuz he wasn't home to be doing the work himself. Logan and Corey just play. It's going to be a long road.