Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm tired. I'm hungry and I don't particularly want to be here today. Steve and I talked over the weekend about me getting a funeral director license. I still don't know how i feel about it. I don't want to do it, because sometimes it's just too weird. I do want to do it because it'd make my job so much easier. I wouldn't have to always wait to have a FD present to continue with what needs to be done. But I don't want to go on first calls (removing deceased from home, hospital, morgue, etc) and I don't like touching the deceased. It feels weird and it still freaks me out some. Although hair and makeup aren't bad, mostly it's the moving them from table to cot to fridge or wherever. I haven't helped casket anyone and I dont' think I want to. I wouldn't get an embalmer's license, that's completely out of the question. But what i'm frustrated with is that mortuary schools require embalming. You can't take any of the classes without taking the whole program. I've had enough today and I want to go home.

No comments: